What is the Pool of Representatives?
To represent the voice of its members at the European and international level, EEE-YFU has a Pool of Representatives (PoR). Its role is to represent EEE-YFU within different structures, institutions and meetings. The pool is currently made up of 21 people from across Europe, all of whom are members of their national YFU organisations. They have a wide range of experiences and areas of interest, which will allow for EEE-YFU to co-ordinate its representation efforts better. Each member is committed to the PoR for a period of 2 years and, during this time, acts as a vital link between EEE-YFU and other youth structures.
The events that members attend are very diverse. Examples of events where members of the PoR were present in 2015 include:
- European Youth Conferences (Structured Dialogue)
- Conference on “Human rights and democracy in action: Addressing extremism and radicalisation through education”
- Congress of Local and Regional Authorities (Council of Europe)
- European Youth Work Convention
- Training Course on Structured Participation in Democratic Processes
- Symposium on youth participation in a digitalised world
- European Day of Languages
- Council of Members of the European Youth Forum
Current members in 2016
YFU South Africa
Volunteers' Guide to European Representation
For more information on how to have your say in Europe, EEE-YFU has written a PDF with information about advocacy. In this PDF will be explained what European youth policy is about as well as where it is done. Also, a toolbox with advocacy methods will be given, that could be used to advocate in Europe.
The Volunteer's Guide to European Representation can be downloaded here.