Call for participants for study session on YOUTH WORK FOR INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE: ONLINE & IN-PERSON ENCOUNTERS
14-17 October 2017 European Youth Centre, Budapest
DEADLINE: Monday 15 May midnight CET
What are the aims and objectives?
“Youth work in intercultural dialogue: Online and in-person encounters” aims to:
- reflect on the impact that social media, new communication technologies and online social (and educational) spaces, have on intercultural youth exchange
- share successful practices
- develop ideas on blending online and in-person encounters which take place within
Who should apply?
The Study session will gather 20 experienced participants from 4 networks: EEE-YFU, CISV International, EFIL and Experiment in International Living (5 participants per network). The profile of participants is key volunteers and staff of the four networks who have experience with the topics mentioned above, and who have a multiplying role in their national/international
organisation. Participants also need to match the following criteria:
- aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made)
- be able to work independently in English
- be resident in a country of the Council of Europe.
How will it be implemented?
The programme includes:
- non-formal education methodology principles, learner-centred approach
- theory and practice
- exchange of experiences and ideas between participants/organisations
- experts input
- drafting of common guidelines on how to best use the interaction between in-person and online encounters for developing intercultural competences of young people.
For more information please check out the Call for participants for Study Session
If you are interested, please apply here until 15 May 2017.