Description of the Internship in YFU Argentina
YFU Argentina offers a dynamic and demanding internship which will give a lot of chances to learn about YFU work and self-growth and organisation. The internship is open to citizens from every country of the world and YFU partner organisation.
The internship implies travelling constantly around Argentina, with some longer stays in the main office in Buenos Aires, such as the first month or longer depending on the applicant’s background. The part in the national office in Buenos Aires is directed to organise and do many things, from simple office work to more complex school visit planning including Coloured Glasses, he/she will be assisting our coordinators (Outbound, Inbound, Development) in many different tasks.
In the other part, the intern will be going from town to town -sometimes while based in some central city-, where she/he will have to 1) Help develop the local volunteer structure (through trainings or other tasks) 2) Make school visits and Coloured Glasses sessions 3) Do regular YFU work (such as interviews, orientations, trainings, etc).
Period & deadline of the Internship in YFU Argentina
From February or March 2017, for at least 6 months, possible to extend for 1 year. Details to be arranged with applicants.
- Intern must speak English and/or Spanish fluently
- Knowledge of other languages is greatly appreciated
- Former exchange students will be prioritized, and previous internship or office work experience is a plus
- Someone very active, positive, flexible, willing to learn, with discipline and creative
- Knowledge of Windows and Office environment
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Travelling requires a lot of independence, autonomy, self-confidence, and flexibility
- Intern will be expected to act on his/her own, organise things on its own
- Experience in YFU orientations and trainings
- Experience in school visits
- Coloured-Glasses knowledge is also a plus
- Plan and organise school visits
- Carrying out of school visits and info sessions yourself
Media and Promotion:
- Help in management of YFU Argentina Facebook page, social media and website
- Support in elaboration of promotional materials
- Organise volunteer meetings
- Recruitment of new volunteers and support and consideration of all volunteers
- Trainings of volunteers
- Host family recruitment
- Family visits and selection
- Students interview and selection
- General support
- Answering phone and emails
- Receiving people who come to office
- Helping to keep office tidiness
- Making copies, putting files together, scanning, etc.
What is included
- Pocket Money: 3000 Argentinian pesos per month (around U$200)
- Both while travelling and in Buenos Aires, accommodation will be in either host family, shared apartment or room
- Travel and stay in other cities or countries for YFU activities and seminars will be covered
What is in your hands
- Visa/Residence permit (most countries don’t require visa for a stay of 3 months which can be renewed very easily)
- Medical insurance
- Travel to and from Buenos Aires, Argentina
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter, mentioning which of the tasks above they think they can do best, their objectives and expectations from the internship, as well as a CV (Curriculum Vitae – including resume of education, trainings, YFU background, and personal skills), references (YFU National Office reference is strongly recommended) and contact information. Include personal information (family background, hobbies), pictures, and host family letter.
With all these files, please send your application to Diego Ardouin, Development Coordinator of YFU Argentina.
e-mail: email@example.com tel: +54 11 5236 0044
Application deadline: 15 December, 2016.