Description of the Internship in YFU Canada
YFU Canada offers a dynamic and demanding internship which will present opportunities to learn about organisation and management in the YFU world.
The intern will mainly participate in the administrative management of inbound students. As an intern, s/he will be assisting in all facets of YFU Canada (including outbound duties if required). There is some travel required for orientations, training, and recruitment, so applicants must be comfortable driving distances and hold a valid international driver’s licence.
The intern will report directly to the Inbound Coordinator and the National Director. S/he will work closely with the inbound students, host families, local institutions (schools, etc.), volunteers and other YFU partners.
Period of the Internship in YFU Canada and deadline
From April to September – with a possibility of an extension – there is some flexibility with the dates.
Details to be arranged with applicant. Deadline to apply is 22 December, 2016.
- Intern will be expected to act independently and organise work flow
- Knowledge of YFU (preferable) and/or international exchange experience
- Ability to speak and understand English with competency; French is a plus
- Able to conduct presentations for groups
- Mandatory international driver’s licence and comfortable driving distances
- Travelling requires a lot of independence, autonomy, self-confidence, and flexibility
- Able to work in a team when necessary and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Knowledge of LOOP, FileFlow, and the YFU database is an asset
Tasks of the Intern
- Process, reply, and/or forward all incoming enquiries regarding inbound programmes
- Assist in host family recruitment
- Participate in presentations
- Participate in YFU events organisation (orientations, cultural events)
- Help with the production of the yearbook with students and volunteers
- Keep the database up-to-date and enter inbound students and host families contact details (master
contact sheet, inbound student tracker, individual placements)
- Monitor and maintain the inbound students’ files in FileFlow and process their files
- Contact sending countries if missing documents or information is needed
- Collect inbound students’ flight tickets to organise their arrival
- Check visa information for inbound students
- Create and update an inbound student’s contact spreadsheet
- Bi-weekly activity report both to the Inbound Programme coordinator and the Nation Director
- Submit weekly timesheet
- Assist in outbound student recruitment and visa information with the Outbound Programme
Coordinator as needed
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and training
- Provide airport support (inbound and outbound students) when required
- Prepare expenses for processing by an accountant
- Assist in other tasks as required
What is included
Insurance (Dr. Walter), C$75 per week (approximately U$55), accommodation with either a host family or room and board, access to company vehicle.
What is NOT included
Airline ticket, costs or fees associated with visa applications and/or extensions
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation, mentioning which of the tasks above they think they can do best and what objectives and expectations they have regarding the internship, their résumé (CV– including education, training and skills), and references to email@example.com