YFU Paraguay is looking for an intern from January 2017 for a period of 6-12 months. As an intern in YFU Paraguay, you will be given a variety of tasks. This internship offers a great opportunity to learn more about and help develop one of the newest YFU organisations.
Essential requirements for the internship in YFU Paraguay
- Fluent in English
- volunteer with experience in organising or participating in orientations for both inbound and outbound students and experience with volunteer coordinating
- Basic computer skills (MS office, internet, e-mail)
- Knowledge of and passion for YFU
- Flexible, enthusiastic and sociable
Desirable requirements for the internship
YFU Paraguay was founded in 2012, which means this is our fourth year and we are still a young organisation. Some of our main goals are to increase the number of outbound students and recruit more host families.
- Experience with promoting YFU through social media, creating flyers and merchandise is highly appreciated. This includes experience with Adobe programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop as well as other design programs
- Fluent or with knowledge of Spanish. It is not a criterion that you know Spanish when you arrive, but you are expected to learn Spanish while you are here
Further description of the internship
You will be working with the rest of the YFU team (including another intern), and you are expected to be able to cooperate with the team, and be part of the team. With that said, you are also expected to be able to define your own projects and work independently.
Depending on your experience in YFU, you will mainly be working with the following:
- Orientations and other activities for inbound students
- Recruitment of outbound students and orientations for outbound students
- Volunteer recruitment, volunteer trainings and other volunteer activities
- Representing YFU at fairs or in schools in order to recruit exchange students and host families mainly in Asunción, but also in other areas of Paraguay
- Promoting YFU through social media and designing promotional materials
- Independent projects by own initiative.
What is included
- Pocket money: 800.000 PYG per month (App. 140 USD)
- Accommodation with a Host Family in Asunción, where the YFU office is also located
- Travel and stay in other cities for YFU activities are covered
What is not included
- Visa/Residence permit. Paraguay does not require an entrance visa, and you can stay for 3 months at a time. After the 3 months you can either leave Paraguay and enter the country again, or get a 6 months visa for app. 500.000 PYG (95 USD). 12 months visa costs app. 1.000.000 PYG (190 USD)
- Medical insurance and vaccines
- Travel to and from Asunción, Paraguay
Are you interested? Write your motivation and tell us:
- About yourself in general (background and personal skills)
- Your experience with YFU
- Other relevant experiences you would like us to know about
- YFU National Office reference is recommended, but not required
- Send an email with the information requested above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Period of the internship in YFU Paraguay & Deadline
We would like you to arrive in January 2017 and stay 6-12 months. However, we are flexible, so do not hesitate to apply. Deadline for applications is 9 December, 2016. We look forward to hearing from you!
Are you interested in more information, or do you have any questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions on email@example.com. We are always happy to help, and we are very excited about your interest in YFU Paraguay!