Your role in one sentence
As a YES Intern in Brussels you will help with the organisation of the YES in the months before the event, by supporting the team from the EEE-YFU office, in Brussels. You will also be an important resource person at the YES itself!
We expect from you
To be dynamic and proactive team player, eager to find solutions and to develop skills in project and event management.
You can expect from us
We promise an internship where you can learn a lot, meet lots of new people and get the chance to bound together with the team of volunteers in a great environment.
The Young Europeans’ Seminar (YES) aims to contribute to the development of young global citizens through learning and volunteering together in a spirit of international friendship.
The Young Europeans’ Seminar is a yearly massive intercultural get-together for over 500 European exchange students at the end of their school year, all put together by a team of over 100 YFU volunteers. The YES is a unique opportunity to reunite with old friends from all over Europe and make new ones, creating a bridge between the exchange year and the return home. It’s a fun learning experience where students explore what it means to be a citizen of the world through diverse interactive learning activities. The international team of volunteers creates a unique spirit and an amazingly motivational experience for everyone at the YES.
“Think free. Act free. Be free!” is the topic of the YES 2017. This year we will focus on different aspects of freedom, such as but not limited to freedom of the press, speech, diversity, expression and assembly.
The YES 2017 aims to give participants the chance to explore and (re)discover the possibilities they are given by the freedoms they possess. It encourages the students to make use of their unique experiences and insights to enable positive change around the globe.
The YES 2017 will take place in Werbellinsee (Germany) from 26 to 30 June 2017. It is organised by EEE-YFU together with YFU Estonia and YFU Sweden, with the in-country support of YFU Germany.
What do you gain?
Participating at the YES as an intern is a truly rewarding experience. There is so much you can gain:
- Possibility to share your experience and get to know a lot of new people
- Increasing skills in managing a project, working in a multi-cultural team, and in organising a big event
- Experience of working on an international level
- Living the YFU spirit
- Opportunity to be a part of the biggest YFU event in Europe and have a great time
You will start your internship at mid-April 2017 (we will agree the exact date with you) and finish at the beginning of July 2017 (we will agree the exact date with you). You will start your internship in EEE-YFU office Brussels and move to YFU Germany’s office in Hamburg about three weeks before the YES takes place.
Your international travel expenses will be reimbursed upon receipt. In addition, we will provide a small monthly stipend to help you cover your costs. You are responsible for having a valid insurance and visa (if needed). In case you do not have accommodation in Brussels, we will support you in looking for a suitable option (with volunteers, Airbnb, etc.). We will arrange for your accommodation in Hamburg, since this is considered a business trip.
As the YES Intern, you will be responsible for providing administrative, logistic, and management support for the YES 2017 Organising team. One of your main tasks will be the organisation and supervision of the participants’ registration process on the YES Database.
You will assist in handling logistical matters, such as communication with suppliers and with EJB Werbellinsee (YES premises), taking care of housing distribution, preparing different lists of participants, etc. You will also prepare volunteers’ and students’ manuals and other relevant YES documents.
At the YES, you will not only be assisting the Content and the Logistic Team Leaders, but you will also help with expense reimbursements and bookkeeping.
If you wish to be the Brussels-based YES Intern for the YES 2017, you should:
- Be at least 20 years old
- Have good command of English and German (spoken and written)
- Be able to work effectively and learn different software and web-based programs (learning by doing)
- Have previous YES experience (desirable) or experience in working in the organisation of events
- Have high level of motivation, responsibility and dedication to the objectives of the YES 2017
- Be able to work independently and make reasoned decisions as well as ability to keep deadlines
- Have quick comprehension of new concepts and be a good team player
- Have good time management and organisational skills, a willingness to learn and the ability to work under pressure
- Be enrolled in a University Programme, such as Management, Communications, or other (preferred, but not compulsory)
If you are not a perfect match, but still think you could be right for this task, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Questions? Ask Tinatin at email@example.com
Project Coordinator, YES 2017