Description of Coloured Glasses Internship in YFU Denmark
YFU Denmark is looking for 2 interns from august 2017 (6-9 months).
Through school visits, coloured glasses workshops and talks about being an exchange student you will inspire Danish youth to see the world up close through exchange – or as a volunteer.
You will have hands on experience with every aspect of the YFU World: from coordination with volunteers to contact to schools, workshops and presentations.
Tasks of the Intern
- Promote YFU Denmark and Coloured Glasses workshops
- Review and update the YFU Denmark Coloured Glasses Manual (in English) – continuously
- Make the Danish volunteers kick-ass Coloured Glasses facilitators
- Coordinate with Danish volunteers
- Deliver “aha!” and “EUREKA!” moments to Danish youths through Coloured Classes workshops
- Contact schools to coordinate workshops (including travelling back and forth)
- Have responsibility for you own projects
- Promote your home country (and region) as the best exchange experience in YFU
- Assist your new Danish colleagues at the office with ad hoc administrative tasks
- Impress your new Danish colleagues with your knowledge about your home country and culture
- Amaze your new Danish colleagues with your cooking skills! We have a weekly cake day! (No worries if you cannot cook. Maybe your host dad does).
- Internship report/evaluation
- Make new friends and get an experience of a life time
- Do fantastic work – 37 hours per week
Requirements for Internship in YFU Denmark
- Speak Spanish or German as mother tongue
- Speak and write English
- Have had recent training in Coloured Glasses
- Have facilitated one or more workshops
- Have been on exchange before
- be outgoing and sociable
YFU Denmark takes care of this for you
- Work insurance
- Local host family
- A monthly allowance of app. USD 150
- Assist with VISA and residence permit application (if necessary)
- Transport from/to airport when coming and leaving
Intern takes care of this
- Personal insurance
- Plane fare
- VISA/residence permit fee
- Respect your host family
You can send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 May, 2017.
For information call + 45 63 40 80 85 (Jakob) or send an email.
You can download the call for applications here: CG Internship in YFU Denmark