YFU Austria was established in 2005 when the first three students traveled to the USA, Estonia and Japan while a student from Estonia and a student from Slovakia spent their intercultural year with volunteer host families in Austria. Since then, YFU Austria has grown to over 100 exchange students and is one of the fastest growing YFU organizations worldwide. The team YFU Austria team has full time employees and more than 150 volunteers throughout Austria, which contribute with their voluntary commitment to make YFU Austria a warm organization.
Study in Austria
Austria has a free public school system. The secondary education is divided into:
- gymnasium which focuses on general education,
- vocational schools where students focus on business and economics or technical subjects.
If you want to be an exchange student in Austria, contact the YFU Austria to find out how you can apply for such a programme. Get ready to start your adventure!
The Republic of Austria is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Located in south-central Europe, it is a mountainous country. It has a population of almost 8 million inhabitants and their official language is German. Austria is a perfect combination of untouched landscape and modern cities, love for traditions and search for the new. Austrian cuisine is one of the most varied in Europe and includes German, Hungarian, Czech, and northern Italian influences. Family is the central of the social structure and it is a closed circle. Weekends and evening dinners are usually spent with the family.
- The father of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud, was Austrian.
- 62% of Austria's total land area is covered by the Austrian Alps.
- Austria has given the world many famous classical music composers, including Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt, J. Strauss, Mahler, and Bruckner.
Office address: Tulpengasse 5/1,
Postal address: PO Box 20,
Tel: +43 189 015 06