YFU Moldova was founded in 1998 with the help of YFU Germany when the first six Moldovan students spent their exchange year in Germany in 1999. Moldova was a host country for the first time in 2006. The exchange students remained pleasantly surprised and interest in Moldova increased. We hope that more students will choose our country as a replacement for a second home.
Study aboard in Moldova
Moldovan education is mandatory for a period of eleven years from the age of six to seventeen with Russian and Romanian as spoken languages. There are many types of high schools in Moldova depending on the period of time and the subjects that the student wants to study. The duration of secondary school period is from seven to eight years:
- five years are covered by lower secondary school
- the remaining two years are covered by upper secondary schools
There are also vocational schools but you will attend one of the high school types presented above.
YFU offers diverse programmes and you will have the chance to discover and see an unusual world during your academic high school year!
Republic of Moldova is a country in Eastern Europe with a population of almost 3 million people. Just like their neighbours, they have Romanian as official language. This small piece of land is extremely fertile and exports every year vegetables and the well ranked Moldovan wine. The country has also beautiful plain and hilly geography and two main rivers. Moldovans are very warm and hospitable and always ready to help. They will invite you into their humble houses and they will show you all their customs and traditions.
Did you know?
- In Moldova there are 30 monasteries (some of them dating back to 15th century) and wood churches.
- It is traditional to see large floor rugs hanging on the walls as decoration.
- Moldova is one of only three national flags that differ on their obverse and reverse sides – the others are Paraguay and Saudi Arabia.
Address: Strada 31 August 139,
10 MD-2004, Chisinau,
Tel: +373 22 233899
Fax: +373 22 233814