YFU Serbia was founded in 2010 and has started its activities by establishing exchange programmes with YFU Germany. The nonprofit organisation manages programs in Serbia and is committed to preparing young people for their upcoming chances in an interdependent, multicultural world. YFU Serbia volunteers are also giving their support to the exchange students and host family.
Studying in Serbia
The education system in Serbia has a high academic standard. The school year begins in September and lasts until mid June. After-school activities are usually organised through independent clubs and joining these organisations will help you get more acquainted with the culture and the language as well as making friends. Secondary schools in Serbia are divided into two types:
- gymnasiums which last for four years and offer general and broad education but with emphasis on either mathematics or languages.
- Professional where students specialize in particular fields for 3 or 4 years.
Contact the YFU Serbia to find out what you need to do to enroll in a year of fun and exchange studies in Serbia.
The Republic of Serbia, formerly the political and cultural center of Yugoslavia, is situated in the Balkan Peninsula, in the central-southeastern part of Europe. It is characterized by beautiful landscape, traditions and rich history. Recently, the capital Belgrade was voted as one of the up and coming capitals of Europe. The almost 7 million Serbs are warm people, especially towards foreigners. They are hospital and open and always enjoy a good time.
- Between the 3rd and 4th centuries, a total of eighteen emperors were born on what is modern day Serbia. That number accounts for a fifth of all Roman rulers.
- The Serbian clock-making industry is even older than the world-famous Swiss one. The Serbs had their own clock 600 years before the Swiss did.
- The country has been topping the global raspberry export list for several years now with almost 95% of the world’s raspberries coming from Serbia.
Office address: 18 Miška Kranjca,
Post address: Serb militia 37,
Tel: +381 11 406 56 70, +381 64 11 75 135
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org